To explore visualization of multiple streams of activity, I developed a tool, ChronoViz, that creates visualizations of video, data, and associated annotations.
Features of ChronoViz include:
- Playback, scrubbing, and fine-grained control of video
- Visualization of video frames and audio waveforms
- Creation and modification of annotations
- Filtering and search of annotations
- Display of time-series data, geographic position data, transcript data, eye-tracking data, and motion-tracking data
- Interactive alignment of multiple video, audio, and data sources
- Integration with digital notes from Anoto-based digital pen and interactive paper systems
- Export of annotations to a Simile Timeline for display in a web browser
ChronoViz runs on Mac OS X 10.6 and later, can work with video in any format understood by Quicktime, and can import data in a number of formats.
For more information and to download ChronoViz, visit chronoviz.com.